Location: Portsmouth, North Ends
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 15:30pm
The purpose of the kitchen team member is to support the catering team in ensuring the smooth running of the food service operation. Working primarily as a back of house team member the team member will provide support to the cook including preparation for service and ensuring that all the basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible and to help ensure a safe and swift running of the kitchen.
- Provide support to cook during service
- Preparation of breakfast bar and salad bar
- Basic food preparation
- Basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload & check food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep refrigeration & freezers organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
- Clean canteen tables and surfaces
- Contribute to stock taking as required
- Accept training to enable safe completion of duties
- Carry out other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Ability to carry out tasks quickly
- Ability to work on your own and use your initiative
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to follow instructions