£10,317.64 per annum. pro rata for 1040 hours per annum which includes a 14% holiday entitlement, commencing April 2017, for a fixed term of 2 years.
Location: We are looking to recruit catering staff to cover work across our busy three centres, working predominantly at High Ashurst. The centres are located at;-
- High Ashurst OEC, Mickleham, Dorking, Surrey. RH5 6DQ
- Henley Fort OEC, Guildford, Surrey. GU2 4RH
- Thames Young Mariners OEC, Richmond, Surrey. TW10 7RX
Flexible working required 7 days per week.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Approximate hours of catering shifts are 7am - 12pm and 3pm - 8pm. We have a limited number of positions to work mornings only or evenings only should this suit. Hours vary from week to week to suit the business needs completing all contracted hours within the year.
About the Role
About SOLD & the team
SOLD offers year round outdoor learning experiences to children, young people and adults. Our staff deliver a range of programmes including land based, waterbased and residential programmes to our visitors. We have spacious log cabins, camping in teepees and our fully furnished authentic yurts. Our catering and domestic team ensure that all buildings and accomodation are clean, prepared and ready for our groups. We provide our visitors with healthy nutritious meals, refreshments and snacks. We also cater for corporate groups, special events, outdoor catering and at times are required to work in challenging environments.
About the person
We are looking for reliable, conscientious catering staff to take care of our visitors and facilities We need staff that take pride in their work and have a positive 'can do' attitude. Our staff will be able to work independently, as at times they are required to lone work. Therefore an ability to be confident in making decisions, an attention to detail and use of own initiative is essential. The role will be varied requiring good catering skills. You will assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals at our centres.
Ideal candidates will have an interest or background in hospitality and catering.
High Ashurst and Henley Fort are in remote locations. It is highly recommended that you carefully consider your transportation arrangements. A driving licence / use of car is essential.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 2nd April 2018. Interviews will be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focussed - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.