Category Specialist – West Yorkshire (£31,796.12 - £38,934.73) depending upon experience
Do you look at things differently? Are you looking for a procurement role where you can make an impact, drive change, and grow your career?
We are looking for an experienced Category Specialist to deliver world class service to the NHS and provide creative, cost effective solutions for their toughest challenges
We are very proud to be part of the NHS Supply chain family. We were formed in 2018 and are investing heavily in our people, our systems, and our processes - there has never been a better time to join us.
At Collaborative Procrement Partnership (CPP) we ensure that the NHS can access the products it needs at the right time and right price - from bandages to wheelchairs, and from gloves to surgical implants.
We do this by delivering cost-effective procurement initiatives to source and supply surgical medical equipment and consumer supplies from all over the world at the keenest prices. The savings we make directly benefit the patient.
All products we source are robustly clinically tested so that quality is never compromised, and we distribute to NHS trusts and healthcare organisations across the UK.
We were formed in 2018 and are investing heavily in our people and processes – there has never been a better time to join us.
*Our Normanton site will be relocating within the West Yorkshire area soon.
In this role you will be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of procurement services.
You will foster a highly professional and responsive client service approach and act as the main point of contact for the category, building and maintaining strong relationships with all key stakeholders along with developing Spend Efficiency Reports and agreeing pricing and implementation for NHS Trusts.
This will include ..
- Managing an NHS market category across NHS trusts
- Be the expert for your category area with a detailed understanding of the market, industry trends, product / service options and best practice.
- Ensure stakeholder and supplier engagement, in development of the category strategy to identify product innovation, best practice, process improvement and efficiency opportunities.
- Manage supplier relationship during the strategy stage/sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review market trends/technologies as they arise in assigned categories.
- Managing multiple programmes from public sector/OJEU tendering to contract award and ongoing supplier relationship management
- Performance manage against programme targets and ensure best value for money
- Support the National Category Manager in the delivery of category plans (timescale, business revenue & margin, supplier management etc)
Who you are
- 3-5 years experience of managing the whole procurement lifecycle is essential - you could be a category manager, buyer, contracts manager, purchasing officer or procurement manager
- Results focused, responding naturally to pressure and demanding deadlines
- Able to demonstrate good commercial acumen, attention to detail and previous category knowledge
- An exceptional communicator and stakeholder manager with the ability to build and maintain an extensive network of contacts within the category
- Highly developed numerical and analytical person with strong Excel knowledge
- Already a car driver and willing to travel
- Salary £31,796.12 to £38,934.73 dependant on experience
- Business car lease scheme (for roles with business miles of +4000 per annum)
- Workplace pension contributions
- 25 days holiday entitlement & 8 bank holidays
- Death in service benefit
- Health Cash benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- A friendly, supportive, and energetic working environment
- Our Normanton site offices will relocate soon to another local area within West Yorkshire
- If you do not hear from us within 6 weeks, consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It is usual practice for successful applicants to be offered a salary at the bottom of the grade. This is negotiable dependent upon experience and proof of current salary.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'