Our client is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1.3 billion.
The company is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with over 700 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned SPAR stores.
Our clients success has been built upon a distinct culture focused upon positive and friendly relations with staff, customers and the communities it serves. The company way is a means to define this culture and ensure that the longstanding values of the gorup will continue to drive the company’s growth for the next century.
Position: Category Merchandising Manager
Location: Apex 2, Golds Hill Way, Great Bridge, West Midlands, DY4 0PU
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week, Monday - Friday
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: March 25, 2018
About the role:
As the Category Merchandising Manager, you will maximise retail sales and profit through the control of defined category information and data, and the preparation and presentation of range review proposals.
- Maximising the total retail estate space as a sales and profit driver through effective design, macro spacing and layout
- Developing the Spaceman reporting system in order to provide reports for both Trading and Sales teams Inputting accurate dimensions of products into Spaceman
- Producing accurate planograms with correct ranges, profiles and dimensions
- Communication of planograms via appropriate media
- Adherence to range review schedule
- Category range review presentations at range review meetings
- Assisting with the creation of cost / sales budgets and working within these financial constraints
- May occasionally be required to travel to various locations throughout the UK, which may include staying away overnight
- Holder of a Full UK Driving Licence
- High level of numeracy and analysis ability
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in a retail head office environment
- Previous space / category management experience (ideally the use of Spaceman)
- Good Category knowledge and understanding is essential
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to build strong working relationships
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Experience in managing costs and resources
- Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner
You may have experience of the following: Category Merchandiser Manager, Wholesale, Merchandiser Manager, Merchandising, Retail, Category Manager, Merchandiser Supervisor, Category Supervisor, Budget Management, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job