At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded 7th place for the Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen in 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business and due to new ways of working we are now looking to recruit:
In this exciting role you will be responsible for managing the creation of an assigned category product plan pulled together with informed insight and financials that will be further presented within the business.
On a weekly basis you will be responsible for pulling out key insight in your category to inform business decision making and our growth plans making recommendations for change. This role would suit an experienced Category Manager looking to develop their career or an experienced Category Assistant looking to take the next step.
This position is currently based in Northampton then relocating to our new purpose built offices in Raunds in 2019.
Responsibilities in brief
- To monitor, analyse, improve and develop the assigned category to improve sales, market share, margin and profit through a category review
- The review will be supported with financials, and summaries on competitor performance, design trends and sales performance/ feedback
- To attend supplier meetings as appropriate, exhibitions and review competitor activity through store-visits
- To provide recommendations on changes to the category including product introductions, discontinuations and continuous improvement
- To provide insight on sales performance for internal meetings highlighting recommendations
- To liaise with the field / lab to consolidate potential new product opportunities and gaps – via board meetings or feedback roadshows/forums
- To create the initial new product development request and financials that will be circulated to the wider business
- To manage a team as necessary to deliver required business objectives and develop personal objectives for the team to reach their potential identifying opportunities for the team to the Senior Category Manager
Skills & experience
- Previous experience of Category Management in a fast paced commercial business
- Experienced in creating commercial product category plan
- A self-starter with an enquiring mind
- Commercially astute and highly analytical
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong Excel skills ideally with associated packages
Howdens deeply value team working and reward our people in line with individual and team success through a competitive package of benefits including:
- Highly competitive salary plus bonus
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (excluding Bank holidays)
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
- Subsidised gym membership
- Modern spacious offices with free parking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job