Lead a professional procurement team to deliver organisational objectives ensuring adherence to Procurement Strategy and Policy and provide commercial direction for all purchasing.
To help deliver both tactical and operational procurement activities, with the outcome being, lower cost of supply, increased quality and security of supply
Our client has secured ongoing investment the procurement team to support the organisation achieve ongoing savings and sustainable outcomes for a rtange of goods, services and works. With multiple major projects in the pipeline over the next 3 years this is a great time for an experienced procurement professional to join the team and really deliver.
Reporting to and supporting the head of function the Category Manager will work as part of an established team in leading and managing the procurement of all third-party goods, services and works, in particular high value/high risk contracts, ensure that all aspects of procurement and supplier management achieve business targets and deliver best cost and value.
The Category Manager will provide leadership to both the team and across the organisation in the development and implementation of category and contract strategies ensuring contract requirements are sourced from the right suppliers, utilising sound contractual and commercial arrangements which recognise and mitigate risk
The post holder will work with clients and providers to deliver cost reductions, quality improvements, and security of supply outcomes. Adopt and use new procurement efficiency tools making use of technology, shared solutions and other collaborative mechanisms to realise savings quickly and support ongoing transformation, change and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership and line management to allocated category, working as part of the corporate procurement team
- Providing guidance and support to category team, acting as first point of escalation
- Development and delivery of category strategies and market facilitation plans
- Support transformational change and continuous improvement.
- Providing guidance and support to category team, acting as first point of escalation;
- Development and delivery of category strategies and market facilitation plans; and udertake strategic procurement exercises.
- Experience of delivering procurement activity and strategy within a public sector environment
- Experience in leading and developing team members
- Ability to develop and implement high level and individual contract strategies
- Experience of managing, developing and reporting complex projects.
- Ability to negotiate and award contracts in accordance with procurement policy, procedures and strategy
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate supplier relationship and development strategies
- Ability to strategically manage contracts
Excellent flexible/hybrid working model, generous holiday and pension benefits
- Category Management
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'