As Category Manager you will support our ongoing relationships with our customers ensuring consistency of communication.
You will be required to analyse and interpret category reports to generate actionable insight which will improve business, customer performance and drive sustainable growth for both our business and the customer.
You will use category insight from multiple data sources to create strategies and plans which utilise the appropriate marketing mix to respond and align to the customer needs.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and drive a 2-3 year vision and road map outlining specific actions that will be required.
- Provide whole category analysis, recommendations and advice based on solid insight internally and externally always championing what is best for the category.
- Develop long term independent partnerships with our customer – Proactively leading category meetings such as new buyer inductions, performance updates, range reviews, store trials.
- Provide clear useful and unique insight internally and externally from advanced Dunhamby data analysis, generating ideas that will drive growth or address performance issues for the category.
- Champion the Category Vision and contribute to the annual planning process, clearly guiding strategic direction for your account.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
From our site in Selby we manufacture and supply many of the key retailers with Cooking Sauces, Pickled Vegetables, Dips, Marinades, Table Sauces?.
Our Category team are seeking a new Category Manager to join them supporting with relationships across our northern customers.What we’re looking for
A Category Executive / Analyst looking looking to develop into their first role as a Category Manager or an individual already operating at this level.
You will also have experience working with data systems such as Dunhamby or Kantar .
A good understanding of the retail environment and market place
Strong communication and influencing skills as you’ll be presenting your recommendations and future plans to the customer on a regular basis, engaging the customer and delivering compelling category stories.
An individual with good numerical and analytical skill, in addition to being confident in preparing and delivering presentations.What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.