Job Title: Category Manager
Our client based in Brighton is looking to recruit a Category Manager, to provide specialised category support for procurement and supplier management based on experience and knowledge. To support the objectives of the Procurement team and implement enhanced supplier management and due diligence across all categories of the supply base.
- Implement due diligence reviews and the reporting of all suppliers commencing with Strategic and Bottleneck to establish and manage the risks associated with the supplier relationship.
- Support business owners in the management of their suppliers and performance. Provide coaching and support on best practice procurement and Supplier management.
- Facilitate formal business reviews between suppliers and business owners.
- Provide specific category support in relation to supplier, contract and commercial management.
- Deputise for the Head of Procurement and Premises when required.
- Chair and facilitate the monthly departmental category meetings.
- Execute Procurement activities in line with established procurement policies and processes, taking the commercial lead on engagements in excess of £25,0000.
- Maintain the Supplier Contract management system and audit its contents to ensure it is correctly updated.
- Support business owners in achieving cost savings targets and in matching business requirements to appropriate contracts, commercial terms and service/performance levels.
- Provide expert advice to the Business areas as a subject matter expert, in relation to market knowledge, appropriate contractual terms and performance.
- Establish and embed robust processes and documentation to satisfy compliance requirements with regards to risk management.
- Multi years experience of medium to large procurement functions, supplier management, contract management.
- Specific category and operational experience in relation to Marketing, professional services and HR.
- CIPS qualification desirable.
- Strong character able to act firmly with suppliers who are not achieving their expected performance levels.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to internal and external relationships recognising that engagements happen at all levels.
Should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Relationship management
- Supplier sourcing and selection
- Contract/Price negotiation
- Supplier performance management
- Understanding of/familiarity with standard contractual terms and conditions
- Familiar and competent in using Microsoft office, including, Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Financial services experience useful but not essential.
For more information please contact James Naylor at Clearline Recruitment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'