Robertson Bell Procurement are currently recruiting for a Category Manager. Our client is a prestigious Government Department based in Milton Keynes who have an exciting, newly created opportunity to join the procurement team.
The role will oversee the delivery of an all-encompassing supply chain service which includes demand management, planning, tendering and negotiation and to lead on improving value of money, all whilst maintaining legal and regulatory compliance.
Reporting into the Category Lead, specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Working closely with the category lead to ensure development, maintenance and effective delivery of the full procurement process.
* Play a prominent role in all aspects of the tender process from specification of requirements through to contract management planning.
* Regularly liaise with the senior management team to give them clarity on the decision-making process and the work you are undertaking.
* Work with the broader procurement team to ensure they are undertaking best practice and maintaining value for money.
In applying for the role, you will have a working knowledge of UK and EU procurement regulations and experience of project management. You will be warm and engaging in your approach that can comfortably influence and challenge and build relationships with stakeholders.
Specialising in procurement with Professional Services, Security Projects, Logistics or Estates is a requirement. Experience with Central Government procurement would be beneficial however this is not a pre-requisite and applications from all sectors are welcome.
Please do not hesitate in applying or getting in touch for further information.
- Category Manager
- Public Sector Procurement
- Category Lead
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job