Category Manager - £475 Ltd Day Rate - York (Will involve travel) - Contract until October 2018
Out of Scope: IR 35
Advantage Resourcing are working closely with a major Government organisation to recruit for a Category Manager to work a contract position until October 2018. For this role, you will be required to have CTC Clearance.
You will be assessing current strategies, cost data and commodity profiles and business needs, in order to convert gathered intelligence into a proposed strategy to leverage best possible value for assigned categories. You will be required to travel across main offices in London & York.
- Support the Senior Management Team in commercial leadership across the network through key initiatives ensuring best practice, delivery of savings and development of a strong commercial culture which considers both technical and commercial requirements when letting contracts
- Recommend actions to achieve value for money and efficiency
- Cultivate and encourage an awareness of cost, using clear simple examples of benefits and how to measure outcomes
- Plan ahead but reassess workloads and priorities if situations change or people are facing conflicting demands
- Regularly monitor own and team's work against milestones or targets and act promptly to keep work on track and maintain performance
- Develop, implement, maintain and review systems and service standards to provide quality, efficiency and value for money
- Consider alternative ways of working with partners, contractors and commercial experts to identify more efficient outcomes, balancing cost, quality and turnaround times
- Engaging effectively and intelligently with delivery partners and contractors in order to define and/or improve service delivery
The Successful Candidate:
- Similar experience, ideally within Public Sector
- Hold a relevant commercial qualification, such as MCIPS or equivalent
- Recent public sector procurement experience is essential and applicants must be able to demonstrate subject matter knowledge, including public sector procurement principles and processes
- Bravo eTendering, Award and Contract Management System knowledge is preferable
To be considered for this role, please apply with your up to date CV. Ref 813059Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Compensation and Benefits