As part of a wider corporate transformation programme Capita is restructuring its procurement operations to reflect best corporate practice through optimising its spend leverage, raising the quality of its procurement skills and utilising its offshore capabilities to create a highly efficient team. The objective of the central procurement team will be to manage all external spend by the Capita Group and ensure key strategic suppliers are closely monitored and aligned to Capita needs.
As Category Buyer you will manage a sub category spend across the Group that has critical business impact. You will manage spend from between £50m to £100m and cover IT spend across Hardware, Software and Services categories, Human Resources, Professional Services Telecoms and Facilities Management. Managing value delivery, on-going performance and the risk represented by the substantial supply base is of critical importance.
As a key member of the Capita Procurement and Sourcing Team your objectives are to build and lead delivery of the Category Team's capability, ensuring consistent and effective sourcing (external and internal); risk management and innovation to simplify the supply chain.
- Responsible for the allocation of Buyer resources and capacity management across the category team supporting the Category Head.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams of operational stakeholders, sourcing and commercial managers through the sourcing process to deliver breakthrough results that deliver commercial advantage for Capita.
- Work with the Category Head to develop and deliver a clear category strategy for the Group
- Responsible for ensuring suppliers provide value for money and business benefit to the company, including innovative proposals.
- Expected to have in depth knowledge of commercial and contract management trends in the respective supply markets to apply best practice to supplier management.
- Develop relationships with existing Suppliers that leverage spend to reduce costs whilst delivering innovation and benefit to our business.
- Develop new strategic relationships with new suppliers and partners to meet customer needs and requirements that allow us to differentiate Capita in the market.
- Lead cost management exercises to identify waste and drive immediate savings in external costs.
- Identify opportunities to exploit economies of scale (group leverage, standardization, normalization of suppliers etc.)
- Working with Business Partners and stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of the industry and related Divisional business models is essential.
- The role is critical in driving improved customer experiences and reducing risk through the supply base within the categories.
- Work with the Category Head to deliver a long-term Category vision, with a clear strategy and operating plan, supporting the Category Team's objectives to the Capita Group, business strategy and improving the measurable contribution of the Team to business performance.
- Direct accountability and responsibility for the development and delivery of the relevant sub Category Strategies.
- To implement Supplier Relationship Management as an effective and efficient process, ensuring compliance with all policies, minimum standards and governance/risk mechanisms.
- To ensure that all supplier agreements are effectively implemented by the Buyers within the category team.
- To work with staff within the Divisions to ensure all procurement activity aligns as effectively as possible to corporate goals and deliver continuous improvement and innovation.
- To have insight and understanding of business requirements and relevant supply market developments on a 1-3 year horizon.
- Results and Performance: To be accountable for the quality and effectiveness of delivery measured by an agreed balanced scorecard to achieve service and financial outcomes.
- Represent the company in the markets that they operate, building the external profile of Capita and of the company as a 'customer' of choice for key suppliers.
- Fully understand the Divisional business model, how the various businesses deliver value to customer and how that service is supported cost effectively by 3rd party providers.
- Review contracts and sourcing activities relative to the Divisional business strategy.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job