Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Purchasing Category Manager to join a large organisation based in Newcastle Upon Tyne on a permanent basis.
The Category Manager will play a central role in delivering strategic purchasing objectives for multiple categories, ensuring savings and deadlines are met and appropriate contractual terms secured across your designated categories.
The successful candidate ill need to lead cross-functional teams and lead the end to end category management process in including developing strategy, negotiation and vendor management.
- Developing category strategy
- Identifying savings opportunities
- Negotiating and drafting contractual terms
- Management of your category, stakeholders and vendors
- Cultivating key, long-term supplier relationships
- Leading commercial negotiations
- Providing expertise in purchasing to our wider business
The ideal candidate will ideally be looking for the next step in their career, and are likely to be educated to degree level or equivalent. Other experience includes:
- CIPS Qualified to level 4 or above
- Proven track record in strategy sourcing/ category management within a blue chip company or consultancy
- Soft skills to build relationships and deal diplomatically at all levels
- Ability to drive strategic projects
- Good senior level stakeholder and vendor management skills
- Strong presentation using PowerPoint
- Exemplary Excel and analytical skills
If this position is of interest please apply or contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job