Your new company
Leeds based organisation seek to appoint an experienced Category Manager.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to manage the estates category whilst proactively leading on collaborative tendering and contract management opportunities for a wide variety of stakeholders. The post holder will demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism and ethical behaviour The primary focus of the role is to own, create, implement and manage estates category spend and contracting plans for key areas of members non-pay expenditure helping to maximise value for money.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be of graduate calibre, with the highest ethical standards;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply is preferred;
- Be professional, credible with excellent general management skills and have the essential competencies of clarity of purpose, self-confident integrity and strong influencing power
- Be fully conversant with all legal aspects of general purchasing
- Have proven skills in strategic sourcing and category management to develop and implement strategies and contracting plans .
- Have highly tuned skills in commercial aspects of contracting.
- Skilled in contract drafting and negotiation
- Ability to proactively manage contracts, monitor performance and manage risks
- Have an understanding of sustainable procurement, risk assessment and incorporating sustainable criteria into procurements.
What you'll get in return
Working within a well established organisation in Leeds with a great reputation, this role offers a competitive salary and good benefit package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- category manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job