Dmg media are looking to fill a Category Manager position primarily focused on FM, Fleet, Distribution and Production services, and other areas of spend on an ad hoc basis.
Our category plans and sourcing activities are developed and delivered with our business stakeholders and in line with the overall corporate strategy. Smaller and tactical souring activities are undertaken in line with the business needs.
Supplier and contract performance management is part of the responsibilities. This role has particular focus on our FM outsourcing agreement, and is expected to work with the provider to ensuring that FM services and projects are sourced and delivered in accordance with the agreed processes, that budgets are met and that risk are mitigated.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and maintain strong and effective internal relationships with key stakeholders
- Define and implementcategory plans and strategy aligned with business direction and objectives
- Scope and develop saving and service enhancement opportunities
- Lead sourcing projects which deliver value and generate benefits
- Lead commercial and contractual negotiations
- Manage supplier relationship and ensure that service quality is achieved, budgets are met, risks are mitigated and security of supply ensured
- Implement and monitor continuous improvement programmes and drive and facilitate supplier innovation
The role as highly operational and delivery focused, with multiple projects running in parallel. For certain projects the Category Manager may be supported by additional procurement resources.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in using e-sourcing and P2P solutions
- CIPS qualification desirable but not essential
- Strong experience across end-to-end category management processes and the ability lead and deliver complex projects and manage large contracts e.g. outsourcing agreements.
- The candidate should be a proven self-starter, and be able to demonstrate a level of flexibility and creativity in a fast-paced environment. A degree of tactical work is required as part of this role.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships with senior stakeholders
The role is based in London full time, but with some element of travel across UK Sites.