SF Group are delighted to be recruiting for an industry leading global organisation with a strategic head office in Nottingham. The organisation's name is synonymous with the sector it represents and it has sustained this strong market presence over a significant period of time. On offer currently is an exciting opportunity for an Indirect Category manager to cover Marketing and Media spend across the EMEA region.
The position of Category Manager is pivotal for not only the Procurement team but the business as a whole as this represents a key business area over the coming financial year.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The overriding responsibility is to deliver the best possible value to the organisation from 3rd party relationships within the category by:
- Leading the development, implementation and ongoing management of procurement category strategies at a local, regional or group-wide level;
- Working with stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier), to develop strategy and tactics for procurement category and initiatives, providing thought leadership; identifying, creating and implementing initiatives to maximize value and ensure ongoing management of supplier contracts and relationships, and;
- Project managing work-streams and initiatives within the category to ensure timely delivery of objectives, ensuring all necessary processes, including formal stakeholder approvals are completed.
- The role faces into a complex organisation with multiple sites, business divisions and our ideal candidate will be used to operating collaboratively within a similarly complex environment.
- You will have in-depth Procurement knowledge with demonstrable experience of delivering value at pace within a fast moving organisation.
- You will have the industry knowledge and category insights to provide knowledge-based challenge to your stakeholders.
- You will be commercially astute and adept at applying a variety of commercial approaches to core services.
This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join a high performing, well respected Procurement team supported at board level that leads from the front. If you are passionate about Procurement and want to be part of a close knit team that works together and plays together then this is the role for you.