Category Manager - Leading Food Company - Job Summary
Are you an experienced and proven Category/Buying Manager with a passion for the food industry? Do you possess a strong commercial approach to driving category performance? Our client â€" a leading name with in the food industry is looking for a new Category Manager for one of the various product lines. The ideal candidate with able to understand customer insights, manage financial analysis and make informed commercial decisions which will benefit the growth of the division.
Category Manager - Leading Food Company - Role Responsibility
The main aim for the role is to oversee the development of a category plan which delivers strong financial performance & budget management. This includes Range Planning Management as well as exceeding total performance on a like-for-like basis.
- Create a category strategy to meet sales & cash targets in the specific category by using customer & market insight
- Review & analyse category performance
- Own, Review and Deliver across a range of processes including promotions, direct to customer and cross-selling opportunities
- Ensure great relationship management with all category partners to drive performance and growth across the business
- Management of own brand packaging plan
- Product Pitch Management
- Category Publication Management
- Ensuring that a consistent tone of voice is maintained across all categories within the division
Category Manager - Leading Food Company - The Ideal Candidate
- Experience within a similar Category or Buying role
- Copywriting Experience
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong, commercial mindset and approach
- Ability to lead and deliver projects
- Excellent focus on customer relationship management
- Passionate about the food industry
Detail2Retail is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Retailers.