The Category Manager will be accountable for the procurement of Services with responsibility for European-wide sourcing plans; Specific categories include Facilities, HR, Marketing, IT, Fleet & Travel, to name a few.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for delivering across sub-categories, maintaining and further developing strong European supplier relationships. A key function of the role is to manage the innovation process with suppliers and to identify long and short-term development needs.
* Fully accountable for the procurement and management of indirect services across multiple sites
* Monitoring and reviewing supplier performance, cost and delivery
* Continually drive capital, cost and annual value improvement
* Sourcing and contracting of suppliers
* Identify, manage and resolve supplier issues
* Track and monitor supplier performance
* Fully accountable for budget and spend within categories and sub-categories
Essential Experience Required:
This is an exciting, rewarding and autonomous opportunity for an experienced Category Manager with exposure to procurement of indirect services, within a large international environment.
The role is very cross-functional; therefore, an awareness and understanding of Procurement, Manufacturing and Finance is essential.
Other essential criteria:
* Experience working with virtual/ remote teams
* Effective and pro-active communication
* First class negotiation skills
* Excellent analytical skills
* Manufacturing inventory management experience in a high-volume environment
This is a role with overall responsibility for all sourcing of services and contracting activities across Europe. Whilst the role is based in the UK, some European travel will be required.
In return for your hard work and commitment, you will achieve a salary of up to £45,000 per annum plus company car and private medical cover.
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain are a team of specialist consultants focused on the recruitment of purchasing, sourcing and supply chain professionals across Yorkshire and surrounding regions.
If you have the relevant experience required by my client and you would like to confidentially discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call me on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job