60 branches, a customer base of 100,000 retailers and a product line of over 25,000 items - Bestway is the largest independent food wholesaler in the UK. We’ve achieved our success by offering the best prices, service and choice to help retailers build their businesses.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager to join us as we continue on our journey where both change and growth feature heavily.
The successful candidate will have 2/3 years experience in the field and will be responsible for implementing customer focused product decisions including product, pricing, promotion, placement, people and performances.
You will also have responsibility over negotiating with suppliers and providing leadership and strategic direction to the Category Team, enabling all sub-categories to achieve the financial plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering the Range plans
- Ensuring the category and sub-category budgets are achieved
- Working with the Supply Manager on the availability of their category
- Building supplier relationships and collaboration opportunities
- Negotiate annual agreements with suppliers to improve the commercial outlook for Bestway
- Negotiate / upsell Bestway’s additional capabilities, for example Digital Advertising
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork / confirmations are accurately recorded and that rebates / accruals are invoiced correctly
- Being responsible for the overall direction and performance of particular categories
- Executing Category Reviews and monitoring their performance
- Creating Category Business Plans from the annual category position profile
- Ensuring new trends are brought into the business and an exit strategy for delisted products is in place
To take on this exciting opportunity you’ll ideally have an understanding of retail/wholesale products, services and policies with experience in buying, inventory or analysis. Knowledge of key business drivers eg, pricing, promotion, range and product trends coupled with strong planning and negotiation skills is key.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders effectively. You will be comfortable balancing and delivering on a wide range of challenges and tasks, be adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone with drive, determination and can think on their feet?
At Bestway, we’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, this is the role for you.
This role will be contracted to 44 hours per week, in addition we offer an attractive benefits package including an excellent salary commensurate with experience, company car, generous holiday entitlement, private healthcare and a contributory pension.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job