Because of a recent internal promotion my client is looking for bring in a strong Buyer/Category Manager within the Impulse team.
As they go from strength to strength taking market share in what can only be described as a challenging market this role provides the opportunity for the right candidate to on-board with a growing and forward thinking organisation. Over recent years they have complimented their home grown talent with a string of hire profile external hires which has facilitated their growth within the market.
The role would suit somebody who has worked within a Retail/Wholesale background. Candidates from all levels of seniority would be considered. So if you are a strong Junior Buyer looking to make the step up, a Buyer looking for a more autonomous role of a Senior Buyer looking for a new challenge please do reach out. You will need to have operated within the FMCG environment.
Below are some of the day to day challenges that you will face:
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering the Range plans
- Ensuring the category and sub-category budgets are achieved
- Working with the Supply Manager on the availability of their category
- Building supplier relationships and collaboration opportunities
- Negotiate annual agreements with suppliers to improve the commercial outlook
- Negotiate / up-sell additional capabilities, for example Digital Advertising
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork / confirmations are accurately recorded and that rebates / accruals are invoiced correctly
- Being responsible for the overall direction and performance of particular categories
- Executing Category Reviews and monitoring their performance
- Creating Category Business Plans from the annual category position profile
- Ensuring new trends are brought into the business and an exit strategy for de listed products is in place
If you meet the criteria and like the sound of the role then please do reach out to me!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job