Category Manager - ICT
Insight Executive Group is delighted to have partnered with The Seven Forces Procurement Team to fulfil several roles, including this exciting Category Manager - ICT position.
Seven Forces offer a highly flexible approach to work, and all applicants are offered the opportunity to choose from seven locations to work from, across the East of England; including Essex - Kent - Norfolk - Hertfordshire - Cambridgeshire - Bedfordshire and Suffolk.
About the role:
The overall purpose of this position is to manage allocated ICT contract procurements and provide supervision to the Assistant Category Managers.
You will be required to undertake ICT category related procurement activities of procurement contracts across Seven Forces, including:
- Market development
- Contractual and commercial negotiations
- Monitoring to maximise value for money
- Providing procurement, commercial and legal advice to stakeholders
To apply for this role, you will have at least five years of category management experience, with demonstrable experience across the ICT category.
You will hold CIPS Level 5 in line with the CIPS structure guidance or be able to clearly evidence equivalent levels of experience, technical knowledge and expertise by having worked as a leading Procurement professional in the area of ICT Services for a complex, public sector organisation.
- Undertake effective tendering activity for ICT contract procurements, in accordance with PCR 2015
- Engage with the ICT supplier market in developing new products and services
- Utilise category management practices to profile, benchmark, research and assess the market.
- Manage procurement pilots, initiatives and product trials, and undertake market research for new or revised products
- Manage re-licensing of ICT products and services in conjunction with ICT stakeholders
- Manage ongoing negotiations for the assigned category using procurement tools such as cost trend analysis, interpreting complex financial models and supplier performance reviews to monitor the quality and timeliness of goods and services provided
- Identify and mitigate risks by ensuring that all such contracts are operated in accordance with Financial Regulations Contract Standing Orders, national/EU guidelines and best practice
- Supervise assigned Assistant Category Managers across a number of locations
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career by working across seven police forces to manage unique and complex IT procurement contracts. Seven Forces offer outstanding flexible working opportunities, from home and across any of their seven branches.
To find out more about this opportunity, and to see the full job description, please get in touch with Mike Kennedy today.
- Public Sector
- Procurement Contracts
- Stakeholder Engagement
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'