Job Title: Feedstock Acquisition Manager - Glass
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Salary: £40K, plus company car, 20% performance bonus
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Acorn Recruitment is currently searching for a Category Manager (to specialise within the Glass industry) to join our waste management client based in Sheffield. This role is a national role and will involve extensive travel throughout the UK.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure the company's glass assets have sufficient levels of quality feedstock materials. This involves developing a strategy and implementing a supply plan to achieve safe, timely and value procurement of glass recyclable materials from Viridor assets, Local Authorities and third parties.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Achieve profitable targets against budget and to increase Viridor market share
* Identify, secure, profitable full product portfolio
* Manage the timely collection and transport of goods from customers to the client, within the Logistics department.
* Focusing on larger regional commercial customers within the pre-set budget parameters
* Secure profitable long term contracted new business within authorised price matrices
* Identify and make effective sales calls within the designated market territory
* Identify and maintain a customer prospect database in a format agreed
* Undertake monthly review of the glass assets feedstock volume and P&L, identifying areas of improvement and development against budgets
* Work on all tender opportunities as directed by the Sales Manager
* Undertake strategic review of the company's competitors to assist in the development of the company's procurement strategy
* Previous experience of working within a Procurement role
* Knowledge and experience of the waste and recycling industries
* Excellent understanding of commodity sales, and experience of working on Tenders
* Must be willing to travel across the UK, overnight stays will be required with this role.
If you are interested in working for a fantastic company and you fit the relevant criteria above, then please apply online today!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
- Category Manager
- Senior Buyer. Waste management / recycling experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job