Our client is looking for a Category Manager - FMCG to lead the strategic development of one of the businesses largest categories in order to meet the company's financial, commercial, operational and marketing strategies.
What does this Category Manager - FMCG role involve?
Based in Buckinghamshire, you will be responsible for working in conjunction with the buyers to deliver profitability for the category whilst maintaining supplier relationships and therefore income. You will have ownership for the day to day management of core own brand product to ensure consistent quality of products, and all packaging has the correct identity and is compliant with current legislation. You will work in a deadline driven and creative environment so you need to be used to working to tight timelines, have good problem solving skills and a good eye for detail.
What skills and experiences are required for this Category Manager - FMCG role?
- Relevant business qualification; Business/Marketing degree, CIM
- Proven experience in developing insight based strategies and tactics to implement
- Strong numeracy skills to completed category analysis, range reviews
- Experience in managing NPD development to a defined process
- Experience in managing / working on cross functional projects
- Demonstrable insight based decision making
- Evidence of Influencing within differently levels and teams
- Key behaviours and skills: Strong organisational and planning skills, decisive, consultative, commercial, creative, inspirational, challenging, leadership and results orientated
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
AdMore Recruitment is a specialist retail recruitment and talent management consultancy.
Follow us on Twitter: @AdmoreRetail
Facebook: AdMore Recruitment