The role of Sourcing Manager focuses on the chemicals commodity and has a spend level in the region of $100 million. Responsibility for category sourcing objectives will span to some extent to a global basis.
The position is located in the Cambridgeshire area and is likely to require around 40% of travel on a global basis.
The client is seeking a results orientated souring professional, with the experience and ability to compose and drive the procurement strategy for the given category
Having a solid track record of working within a strategic Purchasing role is essential as is, ideally a good knowledge of the chemical category.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead Regional or Global cross functional Commodity Teams in the development and execution of robust Commodity Strategies
- Define and propose regional sourcing strategies and action plans
- Identify potential synergies leading to cost savings, total cost of ownership solutions and optimization within the spend category
- Manage allocated suppliers for performance of cost, quality and delivery
- Develop and support cross regional projects and initiatives
- Define and deploy a comprehensive Risk Management strategy for the category
- Lead and be responsible for delivering Sourcing Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Proactively introduce new products and sources of material in order to develop a competitive
advantage on cost, quality and risk.
- To manage supplier relationships to obtain maximum value for company’s future.
- Maintains preferred supplier list and ensures that it is communicated and implemented as required.
Key Challenges of this role include driving change as well as continuously improving the effectiveness and business impact of the purchasing function.
Skills and Experience required:
• Degree educated and ideally CIPS qualified
• A proven track record in a purchasing role with knowledge of the chemicals sector
• Experienced in developing and implementing sourcing strategies and driving change
• Total fluency in English is essential and knowledge of another European language would be useful although not essential
• Understanding of the Lean culture
• Outstanding communication skills with a diplomatic manner
• Supplier auditing experience
• Dynamic approach
RoCHe Recruitment Solutions specialises in Purchasing, Supply Chain and Logistics opportunities. Please note that we can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.
It is with regret, that due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted.
For additional Procurement Purchasing Jobs, please click on the 'quick links' on our homepage.
- Supply Chain