CATEGORY MANAGER - CAPITAL ENGINEERING PROJECTS, CAPITAL EQUIPMENT, PLANT & MACHINERY
"Graduate calibre, high potential, with experience of purchasing construction related plant, equipment and subcontracted operational services, sought for UK market leader specialising in the construction materials manufacturing and processing sector"
£Very Competitive + Car + Bonus + Benefits -
National remit - Flexible Field Based/Home & Office Based
Regions where you could currently be based: North, Cheshire, Lincolnshire, Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside, Yorkshire, Cumbria, Durham, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, Midlands, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Wiltshire, Avon and Somerset, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Greater London, Kent, Sussex.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious procurement professional seeking the next step on the ladder within a UK national environment. Our client has a national opportunity which can either be based at its UK Head Office, in the Midlands, or at some other location nationally close to the main motorway network for a Category Manager. Experience of the quarrying, mining, other extractive industries or large-scale construction projects or highways schemes would be especially advantageous.
You must have previous experience of purchasing capital equipment; construction related sub contracted operational services including surveying, drilling, shot blasting, crushing, screening, site stripping and restoration, load and haul; plant and machinery such as diggers and excavators and engineering services, for a large multi-site quarrying, mining, other extractive industry, construction projects, construction materials or similar manufacturing/processing organisation. As a high potential you will bring your best practice category management expertise to a market leading organisation embarking upon a major transformational change programme. Operating as part of a large procurement team, you will be extremely adept at engaging, influencing and leading internal and external executive stakeholders through tactical, operational and strategic change.
- Full commercial management of nominated category with spend ranging from £80-200 million.
- Development of long term value generation and risk mitigation strategies
- Delivery of projects and programmes to translate these strategies into validated cost savings in line with overall delivery objectives
- Drive compliance to sourcing strategies in each Business Unit, proactively managing vendor performance
- Harness supplier innovation to differentiate and drive competitive advantage thereby assisting revenue generation
- Contribute to the development of the Procurement strategy by managing a long term pipeline of value delivery projects
- Collaborate with and lead cross functional project teams to ensure strategies consistently and proactively align with corporate objectives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated.
- Full or part qualified MCIPS advantageous
- Experience of purchasing capital equipment; construction related sub contracted operational services including surveying, drilling, shot blasting, crushing, screening, site stripping and restoration, load and haul; plant and machinery such as diggers and excavators and engineering services, for a large multi-site quarrying, mining, other extractive industry market leader.
- Multinational/large corporate experience, able to apply "best practice category management" within a dynamic industry sector.
- Experience of developing and deploying national category/procurement strategies cross functionally at regional/business unit level.
- Strong track record of category/procurement efficiency improvement opportunities across processes, compliance, transactions, KPI’s.
- Commercially astute, with experience of assessing external supply markets and skilled in translating opportunities into long term strategies.
- Ability to lead, persuade and influence internal and external partners through a period of change, managing transformation tactically, operationally and strategically.
- Commercial experience of advanced negotiations with senior stakeholders to deliver value objectives.
- Innovative, creative and strategic thinkers.
- Demonstrable experience of multi-site as opposed to single site/HO located stakeholder engagement and communication.
- For all roles, category specific experience would be advantageous but other core competencies and personality traits are more important.
- Well presented, confident and credible enough to become category and procurement subject matter experts.
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people.
Construction Plant, Quarrying, Tippers, Crushers, Diggers, Heavy Plant, Heavy Plant & Equipment, Construction Equipment, Capital Equipment, mining, quarrying, Capital project procurement, CAPEX.
- category management
- Degree educated