Category Manager / Buyer
Brand new and exciting vacancy available for our client who are a popular retail brand. With the growth of the Company, in turnover, sales channels, outlets and range, more infrastructure is required for our client to continue to run efficiently and effectively.
Reporting to Head of Purchasing, this role requires proven experience in this specific field. This is a great opportunity to be part of an experienced team at an exciting time for our growing company.
- forecast buying needs
- review sales trends, allowing for trading trends and promotional activity
- create orders per purchasing timetable
- order process management
- review and negotiate pricing to meet targets
- clarify all requirements from supplier (packaging, returns, late shipments etc.)
- place orders (authorised by Head of Purchasing)
- agree testing requirements
- develop strong relationships with suppliers
- order pre-production samples for testing/marketing as required
- update system and pass order to Expeditor
- communicate forecasted stock shortages/order delays/ impact on other lines
- maintain forecast data
- review and report product performance
- review faulty products and process claims as necessary
- contribute to wider stock performance and range planning strategy
- contribute to systems and process improvements
- general reporting and analysis
- proven track record in stock forecasting and purchasing products from Far East preferably
- experience in homewares desirable but not essential
- extremely numerate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- strong organisational skills
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- experience of working accurately to tight deadlines
Company Benefits: - 20 days hol + bank holidays, company bonus up to 10% of salary (target sales based) paid quarterly, Contributory Pension, Life assurance after 2 years' service. 40% personal product Discount, Subsidised café, Well-equipped gym room with showers, Easy access from M5, Ample free parking.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"