Brewster Pratap are working in partnership with our global client who are looking to add to their Product Development Team with a new team member to work across the UK & Europe developing business for new and current products and categories. The role would suit a Product Manager, Category Manager, Product Development Specialise, Market Specialist or similar from a head office or FMCG environment. The business has excellent transport links so is easily commutable for candidates in Doncaster, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Worksop, Rotherham, Wakefield and surrounding areas.
The job involves working closely with the Category Manager and category team as well as other team members across the UK & USA to ensure the brand takes more market share and successfully brings new products to market for new and existing customers. You will be responsible for 3 main areas: Increasing market share; Successfully launching new products; and Acquiring new customers. Duties include:
- Defining and driving channel objectives, strategy and priorities with full end to end ownership of your category of products - ensuring this is communicated effectively internally and externally with colleagues
- Developing pricing, channel product strategy, customer prioritisation, marketing, promotional and sales incentives relevant to customers
- Preparing key product and range presentations and launch documents such as competitive matrices, range propositions and positioning, headline strategy and USPs
- Developing expertise within your category - monitoring competitor and market activity, staying abreast of trends and changes that will influence your category
- Identifying opportunities to create commercial advantage, quantifying risks and benefits and affecting change quickly
- Regularly evaluating business performance including category reviews, sales reports, margin trends and corrective action where appropriate
- Identify and implement sales support and training programmes where appropriate to customers to ensure launches run effectively
- Working closely with supply chain to review inventory stock levels in managing product lifecycle
- Working closely with the marketing team to deliver marketing resources required
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful global business in a new role.
To be successful in your application you need to have proven experience in category development ideally with physical products. We're looking for someone who can develop strategies and effectively communicate these recommendations to senior management. You will need to be able to work effectively with cross functional teams both in the UK, Europe and USA - if you have experience working across different markets this is an advantage. Strong organisation skills are essential as is the ability to prioritise your work. You will need a high level of numerical ability and an analytical outlook as well as the ability to bring calculated new commercial ideas to fruition. This is a customer facing role where you will be required to present to customers and partners externally so experience in a similar role is essential. This is an autonomous role, newly created to assist growth in this category area - we're keen to gear from any candidates with experience of office products, workspace products or the B2B sector.
There will be regular UK travel involved in this role as well as fairly regular European travel.
25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Company annual bonus
Staff discount scheme
Life assurance scheme
Discounted private health care
On Site parking and refreshments provided
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
- category development; category specialist; FMCG marketing; business development; product manager; market manager;
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job