At CEVA we believe that logistics is a people business, and our people are passionate and committed. They fully understand supply chain excellence and live and breathe it every day. There are over 56,000 of us around the world, we are collaborative and enthusiastic about our work and the value we deliver to our customers.
We are a full service transportation and logistics company with freight management and contract logistics operations spanning 1,000 locations in 160 countries. It’s an exciting time at CEVA and even more so within our UK, Ireland and Nordics cluster. Our teams are focussed on delivering a new level of supply chain and freight management expertise. Many of the world’s best-known brands count on CEVA to serve their markets - so why wouldn’t you join our team?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and results driven Category Buyer to join our growing team in Ashby.
Within this role you will contribute to the Procurement strategy by supporting the category managers with the deployment of supplier and category strategies ensuring that plans are delivered and in line with the budget. This will typically include;
- Developing a working relationship with suppliers ensuring that a high service level is maintained
- Work closely with internal customers in determining medium to long term forecast demands
- Updating the Procurement database to maintain a strong focus on supplier management
- Support the timely issue and return of the Supplier RFI / RFP process
- Offer support with the updating and distribution of Procurement policies and procedures
- Communicate any potential issues, project risks and countermeasure proposals to management
- And offer strong contributions within the wider Procurement activities
To be successful in this role you have proven indirect category buyer experience and enjoys working within a fast pace and multi-tasking environment. You will have excellent time management and organisational skills in order to manage a variety of tasks and hold strong analytical skills and problem solving methodologies.
You will have strong communication skills and naturally be able to build strong working relationships both internally and externally which will be essential to delivering sustained improvements within service levels.
It would be desirable but not essential if you hold or are working towards your CIPS qualification.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we'll give you all the reward and recognition you deserve as well as the opportunity to develop and progress. With over 50 sites in the UK we offer excellent long term career prospects as well as other perks such as pension, discount voucher scheme and many more.
- Group Buying
- Product categories
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'