Category Buyer - 12 month contract - Flint - salary dependent on experience
My client is an innovative, forward thinking, fast paced manufacturing business who is looking to recuit a Buyer to manage independently a range of raw material categories as defined from time to time.
I would love to hear from experience buyers particularly in Packaging or Chemical
The purpose of the Buyer role:
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager this role is responsible for strategic procurement of key raw materials for all manufacturing sites.
The Buyer role will require you to:
- Able to organise time and workload effectively.
- Proficient in the use of computer packages i.e. Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word along with QAD.
- All work prepared is to be accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- To liaise with internal customers and stake holders, across all sites and functions, in a professional manner and to build robust relationships to ensure the satisfactory completion of all tasks assigned.
- Developing robust and professional relationships with external suppliers and customers.
- Day to day sourcing of key raw materials as assigned.
- Negotiation of cost, terms and conditions, implementation of contracts and the setting up of confidentiality and supply agreements.
- Close interaction between all departments and stakeholders across all sites to ensure successful new product introduction
- Comprehensive analysis on spend, business split, supplier performance and regular issuance of reports with detail
- Strategic management of external third party contract manufacturers.
- Being able to manage effectively a broad range of suppliers, domestically, European and also globally, across a diverse range of materials.
- Any other circumstances that may arise in the course of normal business practice.
- To be pro active in reducing occurrences of supply chain issues and to react and implement effective resolution of both short and long term issues.
- Able to manage suppliers effectively.
- Prioritise tasks.
- Take own initiative in dealing with problem areas.
- Minimum 12 months demonstrable experience within a busy office environment.
- Proficiency and accuracy in the use of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and QAD, training will be provided for the latter.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices i.e. effective sourcing techniques, cost and contract negotiation and Incoterms.
Interested to find out more? Please apply today
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'