The Procurement Division of SF Group iare currently recruiting for 4 x Category Buyers for an Automotive Manufacturer in Leicestershire.
As the Category Buyer you will be responsible for managing a selection of suppliers in either Powertrain or Chassis commodities, ensuring value and quality are met. You will also be responsible for:
- Actively aiming to reduce lead times and driving forward high quality
- Working with the wider functions to generate and identify new suppliers and sources within the supply base
- Develop strategies for your commodity, ensuring the most suitable sources and analysing supplier resources to ensure continued development
- Identify cost saving incentives and develop strategies
- Preparing reports and presentations for your category
- Through strong relationship building skills you will also negotiate with current suppliers to ensure best rates and lead times
- Develop and maintain industry and category knowledge through research
- Analyse current supplier base and suggest improvements and research new suppliers
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Buyer, ideally within an Automotive or Manufacturing sector. You will also ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Highly efficient organisational skills and good time management
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced role, with the ability to adapt to change quickly
- High attention to detail, with a strong degree of accuracy
- IT Competent, including MS Office
- Flexibility to work overseas and overtime when required
- Relevant procurement or engineering qualification (highly desirable)
In return our client is looking to offer up to £42,000 per annum.
If this sounds like you then please call Alice Wright on for more information, or apply below.