The Procurement Division of SF Group iare currently recruiting for 4 x Category Buyers for an Automotive Manufacturer in Leicestershire.
As the Category Buyer you will be responsible for managing a selection of suppliers in either Powertrain or Chassis commodities, ensuring value and quality are met. You will also be responsible for:
- Actively aiming to reduce lead times and driving forward high quality
- Working with the wider functions to generate and identify new suppliers and sources within the supply base
- Develop strategies for your commodity, ensuring the most suitable sources and analysing supplier resources to ensure continued development
- Identify cost saving incentives and develop strategies
- Preparing reports and presentations for your category
- Through strong relationship building skills you will also negotiate with current suppliers to ensure best rates and lead times
- Develop and maintain industry and category knowledge through research
- Analyse current supplier base and suggest improvements and research new suppliers
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Buyer, ideally within an Automotive or Manufacturing sector. You will also ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Highly efficient organisational skills and good time management
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced role, with the ability to adapt to change quickly
- High attention to detail, with a strong degree of accuracy
- IT Competent, including MS Office
- Flexibility to work overseas and overtime when required
- Relevant procurement or engineering qualification (highly desirable)
In return our client is looking to offer up to £42,000 per annum.
If this sounds like you then please call Alice Wright on for more information, or apply below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job