The purpose of the role is to ensure optimum stock levels are maintained on raw materials and the most favourable cost is achieved when purchasing the raw material.
- To search the market and negotiate the most favourable prices with suppliers for each category product
- To manage stock levels on each category product and place timely orders with suppliers to ensure a smooth flow of product through the business
- To record and analyse sales data on each category product to facilitate the ordering process
- To place purchase orders for products using the ERP system.
- To undertake a manual count of all products each day, noting the use by date on each product.
- To liaise with suppliers regarding any delivery discrepancies including quality issues
- To communicate with all relevant departments regarding shortages, potential shortages, overstocks and potential overstocks.
- To participate in stock takes
- To keep up to date with Global Markets
- Two years buying experience preferably within the Meat / Poultry industry is essential
- Strong negotiation skills
- Confidential and professional approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to plan, prioritise, organise and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Good I.T. skills especially in the use of Excel. Experience in ERP would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Effective communicator [verbal and written]
- Flexible in approach to accommodate business needs including helping out in other areas if required
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Experience in sales and stock analysis and forecasting
- Good standard of education
- A stable work record
- Preferably CIPS qualified (or working towards it)
- IT literate, experience of ERP is highly desirable
Hours: 6.30am -4pm Monday to Friday and alternate Saturday 06.30am - 11.30am
- Manufacturing Processes
- Raw Materials
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job