Category Buyer - Soft FM
Job Role: Category Buyer - Soft FM
Job Sector: Procurement
Hours: 35 hrs per week
As a Category Buyer will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Supporting the Category Manager in designing, implementing and improving a category strategy; sourcing plan; contract management; supplier performance management; and supplier relationship management for an allocated spend category within an overall category management structure.
- Delivering value for money and innovation in accordance with procurement
This role reports to the Category Manager - Soft FM
You will have been in a procurement/category role for the last 3-5 years and have supply market knowledge and experience of spend category.
Being able to demonstrate your track record in supplier selection, negotiation and contract management, means you can deliver value for money, and work to cost/revenue targets.
Your experience of organising/managing data and producing performance analysis means you can effectively communicate across multiple business functions and stakeholders.
As you have a 'can do' attitude you take ownership and are a team player. You are an innovative person and natural problem solver.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Supports Category Manager develop and implement agreed category strategies/plans.
- Supports engagement with the business and undertakes robust requirements gathering and analysis, to enable category strategies to be aligned to FirstPort's business objectives.
- Supports creation of category strategy with workflows that deliver efficient and effective performance against P&SC's framework to an identified stakeholder base.
- Understands FirstPort's business strategy and how it impacts P&SC.
- Supports Category Manager, acting as a P&SC advisor within FirstPort and externally as appropriate.
- Develops relationships with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and maintains appropriate stakeholder maps.
- Participates in and supports procurement transformation throughout FirstPort, by working with stakeholders and responding to any issues or suggestions relating to the category.
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to loo
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'