The Procurement Division of SF Group are currently recruiting for an experienced Food Category Buyer for our client based in Northamptonshire.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a growing business, with plans to grow further in 2018.
As the Category Buyer - Food you will be responsible for the procurement of chemicals and ingredients across all of the 7 UK sites. You will also be responsible for:
- Developing the category with category management techniques and procurement strategies
- Ensuring continuous improvement across the category
- Working with Purchasing Assistants to place purchase orders in line with requirements, ensuring on time and in full
- Reviewing supplier data base and developing new suppliers across the category
- Negotiating to identify cost saving opportunities
- Supporting with global tenders and approval of new suppliers and materials
- Working with closely with internal stakeholders, sales and NPD to provide market insights and identify and future opportunities for the business
The successful candidate must have previous experience (minimum of 3 years) within Food Procurement at a Buyer level. You will also have the follows skills and attributes:
- Excellent organisational skills and category management techniques
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure
- CIPS or part qualified CIPS (desirable)
- Tenacious character
Working hours are Monday- Friday (37.5 hours per week)
In return for the above the employer is looking to offer between £35,000 - £40,000 per annum.
If this sounds like you then please call Alice Wright on for more information, or apply below.