Category Buyer - 12 month FTC
Look no further.. There's a fab opportunity to join an internationally recognised organisation in a 12 month fixed-term contract role as a Category Buyer. This is an exciting and rewarding role for an individual who is looking to use their procurement skill & knowledge across a broad range of categories, direct products and indirect services.
In the role you'll:
* Manage suppliers and proactively maintain and strengthen existing supplier relationships
through quarterly performance reviews
* Advise and support internal customers, at all levels, on their procurement requirements and
provide advice and guidance on specification writing;
* Achieve cost savings and identify opportunities for efficiencies
* Assist in the preparation of invitations to tender (ITT) and request for quote (RFQ) via the e procurement
tool, facilitating initial communication and correspondence with suppliers
* Support the efficient running of the procurement process & the Category Management Team with smaller
procurement projects, running mini tenders
* Experienced in working within a Procurement department
* Computer literate - Microsoft Word, Advanced Excel & PowerPoint
* Experienced in developing management reports and presenting data clearly - using ERP, procurement and
e-procurement systems (desirable)
* An excellent communicator (both verbal & written) - with the ability to establish, build and maintain
successful relationships with internal & external teams
* Extremely good at time management skills and have the ability to manage time effectively to determine
priorities and deliver on agreed timelines
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'