As a Category Executive, your role will be to collate and analyse customer and consumer sales data that we receive into reports. This data will be used by the category/marketing teams to generate actionable insight and to assist them in the execution of category/marketing initiatives for Tesco.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Feedback customer insight to the category/marketing team by downloading/extracting customer and consumer data from the relevant data sources to ensure category/marketing initiatives are aligned
- Manipulate data to convert it into standard reports of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the product category at the required frequency to allow others to generate insight and action plans
- Collect information on ranges and prices by visiting stores (or retailer for implant role) and recording findings in a report for category/marketing teams to use to respond to trading conditions
- Respond to ad hoc queries and issue-related requests regarding KPIs and category performance from internal and external customers to enable decisions to be taken regarding the category
- Co-ordinate category/marketing activities required to deliver the category and brand plans and monitor the performance of the activities to determine return on investment and delivery of objectives
- Prepare proposals for execution of pre-agreed category/marketing activities including budgets and timeframes to be reviewed and approved by category/marketing team ahead of implementation
As indicated in the job description above, your role will involve some travel, necessitating the possession of a valid UK driver's license.Why Greencore?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We are thrilled to offer an exciting opportunity for a Category Analyst to become a key player within our Tesco team. This role involves a crucial contribution to curating updates and sharing valuable insights of consumer trends and retail market intelligence.What we’re looking for
We're on the lookout for individuals who are passionate about carving out a career in the world of Category with aspirations to advance within the function. You will have a passion for numbers and a natural ability to use them to tell a story. You will be comfortable with complex spreadsheets and confident in pulling presentations together to deliver to internal and external stakeholders.
Other Key Attributes:
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective self-prioritisation
- A natural ability to foster and sustain professional relationships
- People-oriented and capable of working effectively in a team.
- Retail/consumer database experience or exposure
- Possession of a full driving license.
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'