My client who is large distributor within the retail sector around the UK is seeking a Category Analyst to join their multi million pound company based in Tonbridge
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To support the Category Manager and sales team by communicating appropriate recommendations based on accurate data analysis, both internally and externally and to company timescales to drive sales performance and build strong retailer relationships.
- Weekly demand forecasting for the marketing meeting, taking into account market trends, retail prices, promotions and BG volume share by retailer.
- Detailed analysis of market data. Creating summary reports from raw data for circulation within the business and to the customer base highlighting and explaining key findings.
- Bespoke EPOS data analysis to explain reports
- Preparing in depth retailer review content, analysing retailer performance and market share movements, and presenting findings confidently and with authority at external meetings.
- Compiling EPOS data accurately and methodically into analysis spreadsheets.
- Promotion and retail pricing analysis. Analysing effects of in-store promotions and provide data to support future planned activity.
- Store visits as required - to review and obtain evidence of product display and marketing techniques in operation. Address ranging problems and measure availability. Feedback findings internally and to customer base.
- Help to run research projects to ascertain opportunities for the category. Bring these opportunities to life with recommendations to increase category sales.
- Regular project work which will extensively involve the use of Excel and data analysis.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Evidence of experience working in a comparable role.
- Very strong IT skills, including Excel
- High level of accuracy, and someone who always checks their work
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Very good organisational skills, prioritisation and time management to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to relate to others and be a positive influence.
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions
Due to location own transport advantageous
For further information please call Martine at interpersonnel or apply today
Interpersonnel is acting as a recruitment agency. Interpersonnel are equal opportunity employers. We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job