Category Analyst - Spare Parts and Maintenance
Based: Central London
Remuneration: to £45,000 to £50,000 + benefits (flexible dependent upon experience)
Our client is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing some 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys every year. Part of a wider group, they’re one of the world’s leading players in this sector and operate across 14 European markets. The business has enjoyed significant growth during recent years, both via acquisition and organically, and, with plans to continue this within new and existing markets, they seek to appoint a dynamic, capable and proactive Category Analyst to this exciting new role.
The Asset Management directorate, in which this role sits, comprises the Group functions for Procurement, Fleet Management & Engineering. Its role is to optimise total cost and capability of all assets across the whole lifecycle from requirement definition to disposal.
Key to your success in this position will be the striking of an appropriate balance between business/commercial acumen, the ability to analyse large datasets and to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
The Category Analyst will support the Group Category Manager, Spares & Maintenance and the wider team across 14 European countries by the accurate collection and analysis of spend, savings and other reporting requirements. Using this data you will be able to conduct in-depth analysis and create useful insights, which will help inform the Group Category Manager on key strategic decisions. The right candidate will have experience of data management including collection, analysis and presentation of complex information. This category supports the spares and maintenance for a c 19,000 vehicle fleet with expenditure of c£150 million per year.
- Ownership of spend data and responsible for levels of accuracy
- Support of pan-European tenders and ongoing category management
- Collation of accurate spend data, savings and other requirements from all countries
- Ownership of relevant data processes and systems as per the category requiremements. Responsible for use and implementation across all countries
- Presentation of insightful reporting and dashboards as per the category requirements
- Support the category project team in presentations to the supply base and internal stakeholders
- Identify continuous improvements opportunities based on the data analysis undertaken
Knowledge, skills and experience
Experience & Background
- Experience of working with large data sets, building analytical models and extracting insightful data in a concise manner to highlight key meaning and commerical implications
- Ability to use data to convincingly support an argument or a point of view
- Preferred - experience of managing data interfaces with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle)
- Advanced use of Excel
- Flexibility required as travel across European locations
This is an exciting time for the business as it grows and undergoes integration of systems and procedures across Europe. This role will be high profile and, for the right person, it will offer significant opportunity to add real value to the business and, in return, continued personal development. If you’re interested in learning more, please apply now, attaching your CV.
The aim is to appoint the role as quickly as is possible - if you’re interested in the role apply now to avoid disappointment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job