Category Analyst - Trading
60 branches, a customer base of 100,000 retailers and a product line of over 25,000 items - Bestway is the largest independent food wholesaler in the UK. We’ve achieved our success by offering the best prices, service and choice to help retailers build their food & drinks businesses.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and driven Analyst in our Trading team.
Reporting into the Director of Trading for Category Management and working with the trading teams on Fresh, Frozen & Foodservice the successful candidate will assist the trading team managing their category performance and providing structured weekly / monthly business analysis.
The successful candidate will drive the business through insightful commercial analysis and actionable reporting of performance, focusing on products, prices and customers.
Key responsibilities include:
Daily / Weekly Performance Monitoring and Decision Support
- Develop and produce daily, weekly and monthly reports and analysis of sales and margin
- Provide ad hoc analysis to drive the business and support day-to-day decision making
- Support Category Management teams to develop category range and Category plans
- Monitor promotional performance and provide analysis to support and develop the on-going promotions and marketing strategy
- Develop analysis of channel, customer sales and spend to share with the category teams and influence customer-driven initiatives
- Help analyse regional trends and maintain cluster analysis
- Identify and use appropriate external data sources to evaluate category performance within the market context
- Gather, analyse and present market intelligence within the category (e.g., new technologies, new suppliers, trends, costs, competitors pricing, promotional activity best practices, competitive performance)
- Report on weekly basis on business KPIs and the benefits achieved from commercial initiatives and projects
- YTD and annual business review by supplier, product, category and Customer
- Support the development and monitoring of supplier collaboration and mutual goals
To take on this exciting opportunity, you will be a highly organised individual with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload, combined with an advanced knowledge of Excel and be comfortable handling large volumes of data.
You’ll ideally have an understanding of the wholesale, retail or FMCG sector and be highly customer focused with strong commercial acumen.
You’ll have the knowledge and experience in using Business Intelligence tools combined with strong analytical and numerical skills and a keen eye to attention to detail.
At Bestway, we’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, this is the role for you.
This role will be contracted to 40 hours per week in addition we offer an attractive benefits package including an excellent salary commensurate with experience, generous holiday entitlement, private healthcare and a contributory pension.
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career into Trading or Finance with a company that is willing to provide structured development working alongside some of the most experienced individuals within the industry.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job