Category Analyst: Convenience Retail at Petrol Stations: World Leading Energy Oil Co.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: c.£43,000 pa / c.£224 per day ltd co / c.£165 per day PAYE
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a Category Analyst to be responsible for supporting the category management team with sales reporting, gathering insights and ensuring the processes are in place to maintain the day to day running of the categories.
This role is for a Category Analyst to come in with around 2-3 years’ experience to join a dynamic team offering excellent career opportunities and long-term career progression.
The purpose of the role is to support the Category Management and Supply Chain operation. This involves carrying out E2E analysis of the CR offer and KPI reporting.
Apart from E2E analysis and KPI reporting, there is the maintenance of price files and analysing the effectiveness of regular promotional activity.
There is also competitor analysis and the flexibility to get out on site where needed.
- To support Key Performance Indicators reporting to ensure that the business is performing in line with budgeted targets and contractual requirements. This includes weekly sales and margin reporting, price file maintenance, promotional maintenance and retailer margin reporting.
- To ensure that strict attention to detail is applied on all work, no matter how small, to ensure total task accomplishment within the timescales specified.
- To ensure that team deliver on all initiatives; right first time, on time, every time. These will include product and promotional set up, processing of payments to suppliers and regular weekly reporting.
- Constant review of agreed KPIs and taking timely and effective action if required such as issues with promotional set up or product master file.
- Key to this role is having a strong analytical mind-set, ability to deal with conflicting priorities and a close attention to detail.
- Direct experience and a clear understanding of the UK Convenience Retail business.
- MS Access experience would be beneficial
- Recent first-hand experience and understanding of fast moving Retail business and FMCG.
- Experience running reports and using software such as Business Objects.
- Robust analytical skills and excellent numeracy skills are essential.
- Good customer understanding and consumer led mind-set.
- Convenience Retail business processes in general.
- Strong marketing background will be very helpful.
- Management of fast moving consumer product categories.
- Direct consumer goods retailing is a key advantage.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job