We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Desktop Casualty Claims Adjuster to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for investigating, evaluating, and settling desktop casualty claims in a timely and efficient manner. The Desktop Casualty Claims Adjuster will work closely with claimants, policyholders, and other stakeholders to ensure fair and accurate claim resolution. This role requires strong analytical skills, excellent communication abilities, and a thorough understanding of insurance policies, the relevant law and regulations.
- Conduct thorough investigations of casualty claims, including gathering and analyzing relevant information.
- Evaluate policy coverage and determine the extent of liability and damages.
- Review and interpret insurance policies, contracts, and applicable laws to determine coverage and claim validity.
- Communicate with claimants, policyholders, and other involved parties to gather necessary information and documentation.
- Assess and document damages, injuries, and losses accurately and fairly.
- Negotiate and settle claims within authorized limits, ensuring fair and prompt resolution.
- Collaborate with lawyers, loss adjusters, experts, and other professionals as needed to support claim investigations and settlements.
- Maintain accurate and detailed claim files and documentation.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to casualty claims handling.
- Provide exceptional customer service by promptly responding to enquiries and addressing concerns.
- Have the ability to assist others with the knowledge gained.
- Comply with all Gallagher Bassett and office procedures
- Any other duties as required by Gallagher Bassett
Position Specific Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Casualty Adjuster or similar role, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Strong knowledge of casualty claims handling processes, insurance policies, regulation and the law relating to Public and Employers Liability claims with a working knowledge of the Civil Procedure rules and the Ministry of Justice portal.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and settle claims.
- Proficient in using claims management software and other relevant tools.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective time-management skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Adherence to File Management best practices
- Highly adaptable and able to use initiative
I have received, reviewed and fully understand the job description for Desktop Casualty Adjuster. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential functions described therein, under any and all conditions as described.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'