Salary: £8.45 an hour in line with the Living Wage
Working hours: This is a casual role covering holiday/sickness/extra events at the centre. The role entails lone working
Location: St Paul’s Learning Centre, 94 Grosvenor Road, St Pauls, Bristol BS2 8XJ
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 14 February 2018
Interview date: Monday 28 February held at St Paul’s Learning Centre
The Ethical Property Company
Ethical Property is one of the UK’s leading social businesses. We aim to ensure that commercial property supports the creation of a better world, through the provision of office and meeting space to charities and voluntary groups, retail space that supports small businesses and social enterprises, and workshops for organisations in creative and cottage industries.
The St Pauls Learning Centre is located in the heart of the St Pauls area of Bristol and contains office and meeting space as well as a variety of facilities, available to the local community.
The casual Receptionist plays an important role in welcoming visitors to the Learning Centre and supporting our tenants and conference users. Due to increased events and conferences within the centre we require extra support, along with covering holidays/sickness/training etc. The role can often entail lone working. The casual Receptionist is line-managed by the Office and Services Manager.
Due to the nature of the role, the casual Receptionist has no fixed working hours and we therefore require the casual Receptionist to be flexible and available, sometimes at short notice.
Your duties will include:
• Being the first point of contact for visitors to the centre
• Welcoming visitors announcing their arrival and directing them to the appropriate tenant organisation or meeting/training room
• Inputting and maintaining online room booking system
• Answering queries about training courses, services available, and signposting to local organisations
• Answering phones and directing calls to other colleagues and tenants
• Acting as a point of contact for tenants’ queries and communicating these effectively to the relevant colleague
• Managing keys to offices and meeting rooms
• Helping to establish and maintain excellent communication with tenant organisations and conference users
• Assisting with the administration of our meeting room booking facilities, including projectors etc.
• Making tenants aware when deliveries arrive in the building
• Assisting with administrative duties
• Overseeing car parking spaces
• Ordering supplies, including recycling supplies and consumables.
Other responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with fire alarm tests
• Assisting with room set-ups and conference support
• Working to improve the services we provide to tenants
• Working to improve the company's social and environmental objectives
• Attending company-wide events, such as Equality and Diversity training, Induction Days etc.
• Other duties commensurate with the post.
Essential skills and experience:
• A clear communicator both verbally and in writing, with experience of communicating with diverse groups
• The ability to act quickly and effectively using your own initiative and also a team-player
• You are able to recognise when you need to seek guidance from your manager or another colleague
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work, multi-task and remain flexible
• Trustworthy, personable, punctual and reliable
• Committed to providing a consistently good standard of service to tenants, visitors and colleagues
• You have experience of working in a diverse community
• Maintain a professional standard of presentation and communication at all times
• Strong IT skills, including experience of using Microsoft Office software for work purposes
• An understanding of Equal Opportunities
• You will need to be able to cope with pressure calmly and to be able to assert yourself confidently.
Desirable skills and experience:
• You have previous experience in a similar role
• You have some knowledge of and interest in the social and environmental performance of buildings, particularly in relation to energy and water use, recycling, green commuting and accessibility.
We require a casual Receptionist to be available to cover holiday/sickness/training/extra events at the centre, working occasional hours as required. Working hours will vary according to the workload of the Company’s business. We endeavour to provide as much notice in advance as reasonably practicable (normally not less than 24 hours) of the hours you will be required to work. For further information please read the 'Casual Roles Policy Statement’, located on the careers page.
Benefits include pro rata; 25 days holiday entitlement rising to 28 over time, in addition to all public bank holidays. We also offer a 3.5% to 7% company contribution to a pension, 2 x salary death in service benefit, a free company bicycle scheme with bicycle maintenance costs, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, interest free personal loans, as well as other benefits.
Please click 'Apply' and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.
- 'Casual Receptionist'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job