Job Title: Casual Mail Sorters
Location: Nuffield Industrial Estate, Poole
Salary: Starting at £7.50 per hour minimum for afternoons and £9.00 for night shift. Generous pay rise applied after 3 months employment
Job Type: Ad Hoc work as and when required.
Hours of work: Evening Shift, 5.30pm- 9.30pm. Night shift 10pm-6am. Occasional Saturdays available during peak times
Please note that this is a busy industrial site and full PPE (high visibility vest and steel toe cap boots) must be worn at all times
Ideally you will have worked within the fast paced distribution industry, however this is preferred but not essential. All applicants must have previous experience in one of the following areas (or similar) picking/packing/warehouse/labouring/ parcel sorting
PLEASE NOTE THAT TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND A ONE TIME APPOINTMENT IN SHIRLEY, SOUTHAMPTON. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO UNDERTAKE SECURITY CHECKS WHICH WILL INCLUDE A CRB CHECK. WE ARE UNABLE TO PROGRESS APPLICATIONS FROM ANYONE WHO HAS UNSPENT CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS FOR FRAUD, VIOLENCE, THEFT OR SEXUAL OFFENCES
This would ideally suit those who are looking for a few hours work per week, or who are looking to take up a second job
Job role & responsibilities
• Sorting items by hand into compartments on a sorting frame,
• Operating the sorting machine
• Overseeing the automatic sorting process, ensuring that the machinery is in full working order,
• Bagging and labelling mail for its destination,
• Moving mail around the warehouse between conveyor belts, loading docks and trolleys,
• Moving mailbags from cages, sorting mailbags and bundles of mail into cages,
• Loading and unloading wheeled containers from vehicles to the dispatch areas.
• Be able to lift and carry mailbags and boxes weighing up to 11kg and to push containers weighing up to 250kg
• Be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Be available for work 5.30pm-9.30pm
• Be flexible and adaptable as a shift will involve undertaking several different duties
Due to the nature of the role, the company requires an in depth security clearance check. We are unable to accept applications from anyone who has any unspent convictions for fraud, theft, violence or sexual offences
Simple Recruitment Services Ltd are acting as a recruitment agency in this instance. It is not always possible to respond to every applicant, so if you have not heard back from us in 7 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in this occasion. Simple Recruitment Services Ltd will retain your information, and may make contact in the future should other suitable positions become available
- Mail Sorting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'