Casual Mail Sorter
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role is physically demanding & can involve working unsociable hours depending on the demand. We’re looking for individuals who are flexible in their working approach as our location is approximately 45 minutes from Coventry. Shared transport is provided both ways, with paid travel time. You will pay a small charge per journey to cover the cost of coaches.
We're looking for someone that is comfortable with the below…
- Travelling to and from our site by shared, Covid-safe, transport. Travel time is paid with a deduction for coach costs
- Moving and sorting mail
- Segregating different types of mail
- Operating sorting machines
- Sorting letters and packets manually
- Shift work
- Safety awareness
- Following standard processes & operating procedures
Skills and Experience:
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Good understanding of English language
- Good quality of spoken English
- Physically fit enough to complete and carry out a physically demanding role
- Previous experience within a warehouse environment is preferred
- Candidates will be required to lift heavy mail sacks, weighing up to 20kg each.
Candidates MUST be over 18 years old to work night shifts at this location
Pay and Benefits:
* The below payrates are valid from 02/11/2020 - 18/01/2021 subject to change
You can earn up to £486 per week, based on 5 days work
- Mon - Sat 0600 to 2200 £10.80ph
- Mon - Fri 2200 to 0600 £11.80ph
- Sat & Sun 2200 to 0600 £12.30ph
- Sunday 0600 to 2200 £11.50ph
After completing 12 calendar weeks of service with Angard Staffing, pay rates will increase to match Royal Mail permanent employees, in line with Agency Workers Regulations (AWR). Terms and conditions apply.
Candidates will be required to lift heavy mail sacks & or parcels weighing up to 20kg each
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'