Casual Mail Sorter - Luton to Milton Keynes (Paid Travel Time)
We're looking for people in the Luton area to work in our NEW Milton Keynes Mail Centre. You will get 2 hours paid travel time and free travel provided, pick up / drop off from Luton Train Station.
The shifts are Monday to Friday, varying hour depending on your preference.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role is physically demanding & can involve working unsociable hours depending on the demand. We’re looking for individuals that are flexible in their working approach as on occasion you may be asked to stay on after the proposed end time or start earlier.
We’re looking for someone that is comfortable with the below…
- Moving and Sorting Mail
- Segregating different types of mail
- Operating sorting machines
- Sorting letters and packets manually
- Shift work
- Safety awareness
- Following standard processes & operating procedures
Skills and Experience:
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Good understanding of English language
- Good quality of spoken English
- Physically fit enough to complete and carry out a physically demanding role
- Previous experience within a warehouse environment is preferred
- Candidates will be required to lift heavy mail sacks, weighing up to 20kg each
Candidates MUST be over 18 years old to work night shifts at this location.
Pay and Benefits:
After completing 12 calendar weeks of service with Angard Staffing, pay rates will increase to match Royal Mail permanent employees, in line with Agency Workers Regulations (AWR). Terms and conditions apply.
You will be required to lift heavy mail sacks & or parcels weighing up to 20kg each
Christmas Rates from 18/10/2021 to 23/01/2022
Mon - Sat 6am to 10pm - £11.40ph
Mon - Sat 10pm to 6am - £13.70ph
Sunday 6am to 10pm - £13.70ph
Sunday 10pm to 6am - £17.50ph
Bank Holiday - £17.35ph
Standard rates resume 24/01/2022
16 to 17 Years £4.62 - £7.05 ph (Shift Dependent)
18 to 20 Years £6.56 - £9.00 ph (Shift Dependent)
21 to 22 Years £8.36 - £10.20 ph (Shift Dependent)
23 Years and Over £8.91 - £10.99 ph (Shift Dependent)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'