Casual Food & Beverage Assistant - Champneys Henlow
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Hampshire and Kent.
To give a high standard of food and beverage service and providing a fine dining experience to Champneys guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To participate in the restaurant, bar and room service in accordance with the requirements and practices of the food and beverage department.
- To prepare all mise-en-place required for the tables and stations before each service.
- Undertaking cleaning and tidying of service and pantry areas before, during and after the service.
- Fully laying and clearing away of tables.
- To gain working knowledge of calorific values and basic nutrition in order to advise guests on diet.
- To have a working knowledge of each day’s menus in order to answer guests queries.
- Laying out of the buffet and maintaining it during the service periods including ensuring correct labelling of food.
- Restocking of wine fridges as required.
- To be pleasant and helpful to guests without familiarity.
- Taking bookings for all meals.
- To deal with guests comments and complaints initially and report these to the person in charge.
- To inform the person in charge of any non-resident guests or club members using the restaurant (so that they can be billed).
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance (full uniform must be worn whilst on duty).
- Upselling where possible.
- Communicating effectively with other departments especially the Kitchen.
- Responsible for reporting any health and safety hazards, immediately to the senior person on duty.
- Responsible for attending all departmental and training meetings when required including pre-service briefings.
- To assist with the setting up and service of additional functions/parties when required.
To work towards the objectives of the Restaurant, Resort and Champneys.
To be fully conversant with the Resort’s emergency procedures.
Adhering to health and safety standards in the restaurant and action/report any hazards as necessary.
Comply and with all Company Policy and Procedures
Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team and to ensure the smooth running of the service areas.
Food hygiene certificate, training can be given.
Working in a high quality restaurant.
Strong customer service
Effective communication skills dealing with both internal and external contacts.
Attention to detail
Knowledge and Understanding
- Nutritional and Allergy requirements
- Have a working knowledge of the Champneys approach to healthy eating in order to advise guests and answer queries
- Full understanding and knowledge of the menu.
Must have a passion and love for food.
Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota and a willingness to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
- Customer Service
- Fine Dining
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job