To manage the Cashiers Team, managing all income recognition and the payment acceptance strategy.
Your new company
To manage the Cashiers Team, managing all income recognition, the payment acceptance strategy and compliance functions.
Your new role
Responsibility for managing the Cashiers team to ensure accurate and timely banking collection and reconciliation for all income. Responsibility for designing and implementing effective payment acceptance strategies and ensuring compliance.
- The management, training, staff development and pastoral care of the Cashiers Team
- To manage the Cashiers Team to ensure the maintenance of accurate income analysis into the organisation's accounts
- To assist with the design of the payment acceptance strategy, and to implement this policy by ensuring efficiencies and best practice are in place across the University
- Responsibility for managing the organisation's PCI - DSS (Payment Card Industry - Data Security Standard) compliance, to ensure compliance is gained and upheld by continuing reviewing all card payment acceptance methods across the institution.
- To write and maintain all policies relevant to cash, card and data security
- To ensure strict policy compliance relating to cash, card and data security by the process of scheduled monthly checks and ad hoc spot checks
- Responsibility for regular reconciliations of: tuition fee receipts, accommodation receipts, direct remittance bank account and online shop accounts.
- Management of the organisation's recurring card payment function and to manage the online card payment gateway to include the set up of new income streams and the promotion of the gateway.
- Responsibility for management of the organisation's online shop, to include marketing, training and reconciliation of all shop activities
- Keeping up to date with changes in banking and payment systems, including fraud prevention methods, compliance and credit card issues
- Responsible for managing the operations of the Finance counter to ensure that adequate cover is provided at all times
- To work occasional weekends and additional hours at busy periods (normally two weekends in September)
- Any other duties commensurate with the scale and nature of the post
What you'll need to succeed
Degree or equivalent, or financial or management qualification (eg Certificate in Management or AAT)
Line management experience
Credit control experience
Experience of working across teams/departments
Experience of manipulating and presenting data
Excellent communication skills
Excellent numeracy skills
Excellent attention to detail skills
Excellent team working skills
Ability to work to strict deadlines
Ability to work under pressure
A pro-active approach
Excellent customer service skills
What you'll get in return
A really lovely team to work within as well as a very exciting stage. Support and mentoring is there as this is a back-fill opportunity for someone who is being seconded to another area within the team.
Decent day rate / hourly rate with great facilities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- AAT qualified / Cashier experience