HSS Hire is a leader in the UK equipment hire & management sector, keeping the customer at the centre of what we do to ensure that we continue to grow and lead the market.
HSS Hire is seeking an individual to come and join us in our Head Office in Manchester within our Cashiers team. Ideally we are looking for someone with an accounts background, good Excel skills, self- organised and an eye for accuracy, with an interest in developing themselves further as we have great opportunities to offer. The candidate must be able to work on their own initiative within the team and have good communication skills.
Within the team we work on learning all aspects of the position enabling everyone to gain a good expanse of the accounts systems and procedures.
- Liaising with internal and external staff including in resolving delivery issues.
- Working closely with collegues acorss the business
- Be part of making a successful team to deliver company and team objectives
- Working with a "take that call" culture
- Provide an enjoyable customer experience, whilst tailoring solutions to meet specific customer needs
- Supporting your team leader and manager
- Representing the values of HSS Hire Group, promoting safety in all aspects of our operations
- Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Daily downloads of bank statements, balances and transactions for all the group accounts. This gives the overall cash flow of the business.
- Bank reconciliations and managing the 6 company bank accounts
- Payments - Telegraphic transfers, BACS, Faster payments and internal
- American Express and Barclaycard reconciliations
- Journals - Litigation, property, inter-company, cashbook
- Dealing with all other queries that come into the deparment.
- Working closely with our Management Accountant team in London
You are flexible and hold a positive attitude to life and work, having the desire to develop your career and work hard to do so. Possessing some or all of the following characteristics is desirable:
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Numerate and in experience of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Displaying a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Excellent communication skills with both customers and colleagues
- Willingness to carry out additional tasks and duties to assist in the effective operation of the training department
- Excel skills
What we can offer you
- On the job training with experienced colleagues
- Working in a large finance shared service environment
- 28 days holidays (including bank holidays) with an opportunity to buy an extra five
- flexible working hours if required
- A company pension scheme
- Health care cash back scheme
- Job Security
You will live within a comfortable commute of our Manchester Head Office in Old Trafford where you will be based.
Equality & Diversity
HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job