Cash Payments Manager
Cash Payments Manager - Edinburgh - Competitive Salary
I am working on a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Cash Payments Manager to join a leading Investment Banking group in Edinburgh city centre. With a competitive and negotiable salary and benefits package on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Overview of Cash Payments Manager role:
The Cash Payments Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate payment of fund manager trades and other transactions relating to the movement of cash for clients.
The role will report into the Head of Investment Operations for Europe and will form part of the Operations Management Team. The role holder will have responsibility for a team of 15 individuals across two locations covering all the activities related to the processing of cash in multiple currencies.
This role will require some customer engagement for ongoing service provision as well as understanding any change to operational process or structure as a result of the change in customer proposition.
Team Responsibilities - Are you this person?
- The role requires a candidate with extensive experience of cash processing in multiple currencies across client and collective investment purchase settlement activities who can demonstrate management of complex operational activities across multiple services.
- Proactive approach to the management of exceptions with timely and accurate payments and/or systems updates
- Client facing role requiring the holder to represent the group in client meetings and industry forums
- Support to platform customers ensuring the provision of qualitative and timely information in respect of payments and settlements
- Monitoring and ensuring adherence to SLA’s, KPI’s and department procedures.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with any relevant compliance or regulatory requirements with particular focus to ensure adherence to CASS, SYSC and COBs rules.
- Efficient workflow or process management identifying and implementing improvements as necessary to optimise team performance
- Provision of qualitative department MI
- Resource management in accordance with the business plan, business volumes, budget etc.
- Root cause analysis of all instances of losses, compensation or any other transactions for the account of the firm to understand why they occurred and to identify and implement any processes to reduce losses/mistake
- Comply with the Training and development standards and requirements as outlined in T&D Framework, including CPD.
- Ensure that the Training & Development Framework is being followed throughout the team who are carrying out regulated activities, by implementing accountable performance objectives as part of the 6 monthly performance review process with the individual team members.
- This role is in scope for activities which have a direct impact on CASS processing which takes place within the company and/or clients. This role has a requirement to remain up to date with CASS developments and changes as communicated
In addition to those identified within the Specific Role Requirements section:
- Qualifications: Financial Services Industry recognised qualifications highly desirable
- Ideally significantly demonstrable experience of a management role with a financial services background.
- Commercially aware and service driven
- Experience of building strong cross-functional and location relationships
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to exceed in a high volume environment with effective management of multiple simultaneous and competing objectives
- Product knowledge of instruments (mutual funds, equities, fixed income), tax wrapped accounts (ISA, JISA, SIPP) and custody models (CREST, global custody). A working knowledge of CASS rules is a mandatory requirement
- Knowledge of Global Custody and mutual fund models for processing transactions as well as payment processing within UK and International payments systems highly desirable
- Thorough understanding of the lifecycle of a transaction including reconciliations and postings to client and accounts
Contact Neil Greene at HRC Financial Service Scotland to discuss this role in more detail
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job