Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not for profit healthcare business and we are currently seeking a Cash Manager in our busy team based in Epsom. As the Cash Manager, you will oversee the daily, weekly and monthly cash flow.
Your remit will include maximising collectable revenue, including the cleansing of unallocated cash, and expedient query resolution to ensure delivery of a high quality end to end accounts receivable process.
- Managing an operational Membership team including responsibility for the BACS and Direct Debits associated
- Managing the expenses team including reconciliation and review of processes together with month end reporting
- Verify and maintain delegation of Authority ensuring the correct signatures are mandated and adhered to
- Responsible for managing the bank accounts including the monitoring and controlling of cash inflow and allocation and proactively chasing missing remittances.
- Pre-emptive cash flow forecasting in and out in order to maximise revenue potential and utilise accordingly
- Safeguard, verify, and control all cash assets.
- Establish and maintain banking relationships.
- Establish and maintain cash movement policies, procedures, and controls.
- Lead, motivate, supervise and where appropriate, train staff
- People management: inclusive of staff selection, development, performance review etc.
- Ensure all audits/reviews of the team and its performance are undertaken and action taken to address any issues raised
- To agree and define departmental objectives, monitor progress and ensure these are achieved
- To identify process gaps and ensure robust internal control mechanisms are rigorously implemented where required and best practice monitored and reviewed
- To attend both internal and external meetings to represent and feedback information to the department
- To provide support to Heads of Department
- To ensure the timely production of accurate reconciliations and monthly reports
- Cash Management, Team Management
- Identifies and prioritise team objectives, in line with business strategy
- Responsible for managing the bank accounts
- Pre-emptive cash flow forecasting
- Establishes methods and processes for proactive and informative reporting
- Enables, guides & develops staff to understand their role to achieve their full potential
- Provides advice and support to both team members and other internal dependents
- Monitors delivery against overall plans and promptly identifies, investigates and addresses any issues including escalations where required
- Seeks feedback and uses it to improve process to establish best practice
- Provides appropriate and timely information to the line manager regarding any issues that need escalating.
- Effectively manage change in line with business strategy
- Provide generic cover for peers during absence
- Provides ongoing support to line manager as and when required
Location: Our Epsom Support Centre is just 30 minutes away from London, and located within walking distance of Epsom train station
Benefits: We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with training, career development and our unique health and wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership of your local Fitness and Wellbeing Club, private healthcare and an annual health assessment, as well as a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits. We want to help you live well and get the balance right in life, so we will give you 25 days' holiday in your first years here - and we will reward you with more annual leave for building your career with us.
Ready to bring out the specialist in you? Apply at nuffieldhealthcareers.com