We are looking for an experienced Magistrates Court Caseworker who will assist Solicitors and Advocates in preparing cases ready for court to be based in our busy Swindon office. The main duties are as set out below.
- To ensure that the firm’s high client care standard is maintained by responding to client calls and enquiries proactively and appropriately;
- Take clients instructions, prepare statements and other legal documents under supervision;
- Draft correspondence to clients and third parties under supervision;
- Preparing and submitting legal aid applications;
- Prepare cases and files for court hearings;
- Effectively manage time ensuring tight deadlines are met;
- Ensuring all dates are in the diary with the relevant cover ensuring the Magistrates Court Departments are made aware of court dates;
- When the new court/police rota’s are released ensure they are in the relevant diaries;
- Dealing with clients that come in off the street or by way of telephone with police queries.
- Must be police station accredited or be willing to become accredited;
- Previous experience working in a criminal defence firm;
- A full UK driving license and access to own vehicle;
- Good communicator in both written and spoken English;
- Good understanding of client care requirements and a commitment to legal aid;
- Must be IT literate and be willing to learn;
- Must be proactive in seeking to assist fee earners and apply a consistent attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills;
- Good team work ethics;
- Ideally have experience of handling own caseload of criminal cases;
We are looking for someone to join us on a full-time basis, 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch. The salary bracket is £17,000 - £22,000 per annum based on experience with the opportunity to earn significant overtime working on the our-of-hours police station rota.
- Customer Services
- Legal Documents
- Organisational Skills
- Document Drafting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'