Our client is a well established SME freight forwarding specialist based at Heathrow, due to expansion they have a new position available for a Casemaker. Would suit either a candidate with some previous casemaking experience or a Trainee who has skills with power and cutting tools, training can be given. Exciting opportunity to join an expanding Heathrow fine art shipper.
You’ll need to have a steady 5 year employment history and clear DBS. Previous experience of freight forwarding, logistics/and or fine art packing or removals would be an advantage. The salary level will depend on experience, training can be given for less experienced applicants and the salary will be dependant on the level of experience and negotiable for someone exceptional.
Employment Terms for the Casemaker
- Hours of work - Monday to Friday 8am - 17:00 hrs with a one-hour lunch break
- Working overtime when required, (paid) to fulfil your duties
- 22 days hols + BH
- £22-28k plus overtime
The list below is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to perform different tasks in line with the business objectives.
Main responsibilities / tasks for the Casemaker
- Measuring and cutting timber using machinery and hand tools
- Assemble cases according to the required spec
- Labelling and stencilling of cases
- Moving products using Collis and forklift trucks
- General warehouse duties and adhering to Health and Safety regs
Skills required for the Casemaker
- Up to date training, keen to develop and evolve skill set
- Be accountable and approachable
- Be committed
- Collaborating and working well with other team members
- Clear and precise communication skills
- A good understanding of mathematics
- Good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good organisational skills
Essential skills for the Casemaker
- Have woodwork assembly experience. Knowledge of cutting tools and the use of machinery.
- Power Tools
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'